Monday 28 July 2008

clear fin ideas

Avalanche - Basque country, France
my bonzer. without a "fin box" for wieght. lighter = faster.

at home in Haena, Hawaii [testing]
Blk B. bottom, 5 fin option

these are the idea's that i am riding and prescribing to angels and enemies both.

the Bonzer i found worked insane at point breaks. long hollow waves....

the yellow resin tint fish, is a more contemporary shape [Lost fish].

my "Blk B." was I just set out to copy that great design. but i found i wanted more speed than

the original design offered, so mine is actually better. i ride it from 6'3" to 7'6" as it covers the rising swell-surf really well, in that shape. I haven't ridden it much as a tri-fin. mostly as a Quad.

my first surf on it was a undersized version, i had for someone else. And we rode at Avalanche in the Basque country in France. it was double over head and really hollow, end of November surf . "My" board was a 6'3" x 18.58 x 2 3/8, well riding and undersized board in serious surf at a break i'd never been at before, NOT ideal way to go . But i was deep as heck on every single barrel! What a Rush!!!

No comments: